Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Using Stuff

I've been getting good use out of my heart rate (HR) monitor birthday present lately. I like to wear it and monitor my HR during my kickboxing class at 24 Hour Fitness. It's just a cardio kickboxing class, so no pads or gloves or actually hitting anything; it is, however, very fun and challenging for me. I love that I can track where my HR is, and having that information at hand (hahaha! "at hand", get it?...cuz I can see my HR on my watch?...yikes...weak sauce, I know) has been really useful in balancing getting a good workout and not toppling over and passing out because I'm trying so hard :)

I am contemplating taking a more intense kickboxing class (www.ilovekickboxingpearlandtx.com) on the recommendation of my friend Becky. Kicking a pad and using gloves to smash stuff could be really fun! What do you think?

No comments: