Friday, September 14, 2007

Snake Alert - Part Deux

Yep, another snake sighting.
3 feet long, black water moccasin (sp?), 2 " thick.
She was curled up on our gutter downspout run-off block, chillin'. I shoo'd the girls inside (nice protect dogs, they didn't even notice it) after seeing it flicking its tongue to smell us and I got out the 15' bamboo snake-pokin' stick. Armed with the pokin-stick in my left hand and pooper-scooper pole (with teeth on the end for spearing dog poo, or in this case, snakes) in my right, I tried to usher it toward the pathway fence.
No good.
The wiley snake slithered toward the patio and curled up between the fireplace and the patio. So I stood as far back as I could and gave 'er a few pokes until *SNAP!*, it bit the pole! I hopped up on the patio table and remotely poked at it until I realized it was going nowhere. I scooted down off my perch and angled myself toward my patio door & poke-poke-poked again. *SNAP!*
No good.
Finally after tapping it on the head several times it decided to move. This time toward me.
No good.
I freaked out, dropped the pooper-scooper and took my pokin-pole with me to the patio door. I swiftly ran inside, slammed the door shut and hid behind the glass pane. The girls and I watched Miss Snake (only girl snakes bite with such visciousness, right? :) slither across the patio and out of our yard.
Good.

No comments: