Thursday, February 12, 2009

De Neue Post

Well well well. My trip to the Netherlands to visit Jenny T (and Jim!) was successful and amazing! What a great week I spent with my BFF, so fun! I got the chance to relax, chit chat some serious girl talk in small cafes in local towns, saw some awesome windmills in the butt cold weather, watched an adorable swan (we deemed him male, calling to his female counterpart across the frozen tundra of the little river), had coffee in Amsterdam, swam at the NATO base, drank at an Irish Pub in Maastricht and...just had a great time! The JT's flat is great and they were awesome hosts!

Now I'm back to the US and back to the daily grind. Thank goodness it's almost the weekend, and a long weekend at that. I do miss Europe and all her glory.

I had coffee with a friend after work today, which made the "grind" seem less grind-y. It was a most welcome exchange of two brilliant minds (...so much is funny about that). Really, it reminds me that the people you know can make life better! Skadoosh!

No comments: