Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Latest and Greatest

Well well well. Yes indeedy, it's been a month and a half since I've written. Charlie is really slacking, I know.

The haps with the craps is:
1. Faithie's baby Brandon is doing well, yay! (see last post)
2. My first lead shuttle mission, STS-127/2JA just finished a 17-day long journey from Earth, to the International Space Station, and back on Friday. Booyah! It was a blast, the whole thing. I'd do it again in a heartbeat for sure.
3. My brother and sister in law (Andy & Melissa) just had a bouncing baby girl yesterday - Welcome little Mia! We can't wait to meet you...hopfully this Fall (?)
4. Lieutenant Junior Grade Charlie is in New Hampster for the Navy until next Tuesday & he'll have been gone a whole 2 weeks. I go to visit him this weekend for a rousing good time of watching woodchucks eat crabapples, seagulls making noises, WHALE WATCHING (oh yeah baby! jealous?? boom!) and in-season Maine Lobster. Mmmmmmm.
5. I finished my summer grad school class today by turning in my Final paper. Technically I have two classroom sessions to watch, but without any homework due ...and my paper being finished...not likely to happen. One more class left ending in December and then I'm donesky. D-O-N-E, gradutated.
6. I got a membership to Massage Envy for a year and I am pumped iz-up. One guaranteed massage a month is what I'm gifting myself with my work bonus this year. Woohoo!
7. I'm making sweet potato soup (with pancetta and fresh rosemary and homemade croutons) all the time up in this piece. It's delicious, easy to make and quick. Num!
8. Speaking of fresh herbs, our gardens are doing pretty well. I can't tell what's happening with the tomato plants (we got some fruit, but not too much...hmmm), but the herbs are growing really well! I have more basil than i know what to do with and the thyme, sage and mint (3 kinds) are growing quite nicely. Our peppers are doing decently as well. I love to eat what we grow!!

That is the last month or so summed up as snug as a bug in a rug. Shouldn't be too incredibly long before the next post arrives either. I mean, don't hold your breath or anything, but ...it should be less than a month coming :)

3 comments:

Jen @ New Shade of Green said...

Care to share your Sweet Potato Soup recipe? :)

Erika said...

Our tomatoes are weird too.
We're ready for Kirby-time! :)

Mrs. T said...

Yay for being done with summer school! Have fun in New Hampster this WE with Charles in Charge. You need a fun WE after everything you've been doing this last month!

Love you! I hope to see you soon too!!!