Sunday, December 12, 2010

Craftiness Part 1 - Behemoth Couch

Since Thanksgiving, I have taken it upon myself to become crafty. My dear friend Sarmad left the country for a new job and upon his departure he bequeathed certain items to me: a sleeper sofa, a glider and gliding ottoman set, and a bistro-sized patio set.

The sleeper sofa is in great shape, despite being 10+ years old, so up in the gameroom she went - displacing the 9 foot college couch (and slipcover!) I have had since forever. Sammie would miss her afternoon sleeping spot, but I am confident that in due time...say 17 minutes...she would take to the new sofa quite naturally. Charlie managed to get that beastly couch downstairs by himself - I'll never know with what magic he pulled that stunt - and with the enlisted help of Cory and his truck, the ol' couch was off to Goodwill for someone else who could really use it.

I took the other two items with the knowledge that with some love and caring they could be given life anew at the Marshik household.

You'll see details of those crafty adventures in the coming posts.

No comments: