Sunday, April 26, 2009

Bulbs Day Two

Today I woke up and my eyebulbs are still a little stingy, especially the left one. Ol' Lefty had a harder time of the PRK than Righty, it seems. They do actually suggest that if you're getting both eyes done with PRK that you do one at a time, to ease the recovery stage. I decided that wasn't a course of action I wanted to consider. It's already going to be a few days off of work, so as far as doing this multiple times...unh-uhhh!

I can sense that my eyes are healing because my overall vision has its moments of improvement, but overall it is getting a little worse as the circle of corneal happiness rebuilds itself. C'mon CORNEAS, hurry up! ;) I can imagine each little corneal cell growing and marching toward the center of my eye like little soldiers, going to defend the integrity of the whole. March, march, march!

It's bright as all get out today, both from the sunlight and the sensitivity of my eyes to the light. Right now I'm in my room with the shades and curtains drawn , pissed that I didn't close the bedroom door before I sat down to write this entry - there is light in the living room as well. Lame. My eyes are sensitive to the light, so they sting a little and water, which makes my nose run and this endless cycle is starting to get old. In fact, I've enhanced my computer settings for those who are visually impared and am using the "high contrast" version to make it easier for me to see. Sweetness! I'll try to stop being such a Nancy about it all and be happy my bulbs are on their way to recovery.

Hopefully tomorrow will be the worst of it. Keep your fingers crossed!

1 comment:

nujoud said...

Hope your recovery goes well and speedy! Now that I've stopped wearing contacts, I'd love to fix my vision the last little bit. So I definately want to hear from you how you like your new eyes!