Sunday, April 12, 2009

Friends and Photography

So, my good friend Beth asked if I would help her take some pictures for her 8-yr old daughter Sydney's first communion. Excited to take pictures, but nervous about doing a "photo shoot" that would actually matter to someone, I went for it.

Bad news: It was windy, mosquito-y, super cloudy, all the parks were caught up in pre-Easter/Car Show/"reserved" festivities, Syd had a super-white/no-spill/no-dirt dress on...

Good news: Beth's friend graciously offered her aunt's (?) house for the shoot and Sydney is exceptionally photogenic, so really, my job was easy.

With some sage advice and calming words from my family and friend Sarmad (thanks again for help in editing these pix, you're the best!), we did the shoot. Despite the fact that I was sweating bullets (more from nerves than the weather) for super pit-out times and I thought I had a camera malfunction with a spec of dirt, all went well. Mostly, it was really fun!

Here are some of my favorites.
I'm so glad I have a support system (and guinea pigs) that allows me to pursue a passion of mine and learn to be a better "photographer". Next time will be even better (thank you "lessons learned!"). Later!

4 comments:

Erin said...

They are SO good! I love the last one! Great job Jaime!

ACQ said...

The pictures are great and Syd is adorable, as always!

nujoud said...

Love them and can't go wrong with Syd in the picture.

Anonymous said...

You did an amazing job and we treasure these pictures forever :) beth