Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Packing and Swine

In a couple days we'll be headed on the road to Ye Olde Minnesota for the holidays, which include oodles of family visits and hopefully getting to see some friend-type people along the way. It's butt-A-cold there, so this type of weather allows me the full use of my winter clothing, including (but not limited to): sweaters, mittens, hats and penguin jammie pants from what I think must have been high school (thanks Aunt Lisa).

One of the hardest parts about making the trek to another climate is packing, I think. Especially in winter. Bigger clothes and more shoes (shoes for style, shoes with grip) = bigger suitcases. We are making the 1200 mile trek the old fashioned way, driving, so no worries here about airport lines and 3 oz bottles or wrapped presents...or large amounts of baggage and extrey fees. Bonus! The Sam-in-ator will be coming with us this time, while Kirby gets the kennel treatment this go 'round. Almost 2 weeks we will be gone - crazy!

In addition to the fun festivities of packing and hauling our buns to MN, I think I just might be coming down with some sort of sickness. Could be The Swine, could be The Regular, could be the Saag Paneer I ate for lunch. All I am saying is that a bunch of people at work (or their kids) are sick and well, Mama's voice is getting raspy, eyes are a little bloodshot and my nostrils are leaking. Sexy! I'm like a leathery old smoker lady with allergies. Hopefully not too leathery :)

So tonight's task will be making the packing list (including 4" heels - c'mon people!), getting out the luggage and then sitting on the couch watching the taped version of "Sing Off" from last night. Oh yeah, and probably some sort of hot tea and a dog to snuggle me on the couch. And Christmas music. And cheese.

No comments: