Sunday, November 13, 2011

Deals, Swollen Feet and Some VIP Action

On Saturday, us Strandmark Ladies hit up the San Marcos Premium Outlets. Let me tell you how excited we were to hit up the home goods outlets: Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Crate and Barrel and ...the piece de resistance: Restoration Hardware Outlet!! OUT-LET people!! For anyone who knows, I'm in a total RH phase right now - I love the industrial, yet classic elegance of their style but whooo-weee! Are they expensive! So, you can imagine the pitter-pat of my heart when I saw they had an outlet...le sigh :)
Anyhoo, we hit the WS/PB outlet first and hit it strong! We all came out with fabulous deals and while I can't show my two best finds just yet (soon, my pretties!), I can tell you the best part:

West.
Elm.
Outlet.
Section.

What whaaaaaaaaat? You heard me. Zee outlet of zee Elm. A-booyah!

So we had a wonderfully successful venture at those first stores, then hit the luscious RH outlet where I will definitely go back if I ever want to get anything from RH. I drooled over this Kensington Upholstered Linen Couch...gaaaaaaaaaaah. Maybe next time :)

The next 7 hours were spent shopping, eating lunch at Johnny Rockets (Turkey Route 66 on a wheat bun - delicious!), commenting on passers-by, and enjoying each others' company. We took our weary and swollen feet back to the hotel with our bags and bags of spoils, rested for about an hour then headed back out to downtown Austin for some evening fun.
We first stopped at Parkside and shared a smattering of small dishes including their divine mac and cheese - a must try! Our delightful server Marissa (seriously attentive and so helpful) gave us some good suggestions for where to go that evening, including the Elephant Room and Cedar Street Courtyard. As we departed the restaurant for our venue of choice (the Elephant Room), we hit some topless, trashy folks just waltzing in a clump down 6th street....gross. Yes, ladies with boobs and no top. A few of them. Gross boobs - not the good kind. ...let's move on.

There was a line at the Elephant Room to get in, so we kept on keeping on. And thank goodness, because Cedar Street Courtyard was such a fun time! We got in to the venue free and were able to score some VIP seats on the balcony area with a private bar and a great view over the stage. Mom, Faith and I enjoyed the cover band Encore, I drank too many G&Ts and then we hit the hay around 1am. Woot woot! Late nite for Jaimers!

All in all it was a banner Saturday with gorgeous weather, gorgeous ladies and swollen feeties from shopping and dancing. Amazing!

No comments: