Friday, November 11, 2011

Night With the Ladies!

Mom and Faith came to visit me this weekend for a little girl's weekend in Austin! So far so good! We picked Faith up at the airport (mom came in yesterday) and headed straight to Austin. We walked to the Capitol which is really pretty, if you haven't been, then went to try to see the Congress Bridge bats. Needless to say they had already migrated to Mexico this year, so instead we headed to Hank's Garage for happy hour drinks and duck fat frites...mmmmm. this place was goooooo-ood! Curry ketchup and dill creme fraiche dipping sauce, delightful! I did, however spill my drink, but the bartender made me a new one for free so yay! From there we went to BD Riley's Pub, had some drinks and grub, saw a bagpiper dude play fo reals, then the lady next to us went ass over tea kettle in her chair! Poor thing :) once filled we trounced up the street to a bar called Latitude, where I had a G&T (gin and tonic, obvy) and we listened to a good blues band. Loud, but good! I'm getting oldie moldy in my ears, so... Stuff is often too loud or too quiet these days for me, *sigh*.

I had a great time with mom and Faithie, tomorrow shopping!!

No comments: