Sunday, March 31, 2013

NES

Any '80s child should immediately associate those letters with the Nintendo Entertainment System.  In the spirit of the Easter season, I did a little bit of messing with my computer because I wanted to play one of my all-time favorites, The Legend of Zelda.  It was surprisingly easy, and unsurprisingly awesome.

We've now got my MacBook with PS3 controllers running about 25 NES games in our office.  And the awesomest part?  The young guys here totally suck at old-school games.  Us "old guys" blame it on the everyone-gets-a-trophy upbringing.  Recent games baby you through, gradually teaching you to play and letting you save progress every five seconds.  Old-school games, not so much; if you suck, you start all the way over at the beginning of the level.  If you suck three times, game over.  Pass the controller.

...up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, select, start.

No comments: