Sunday, March 17, 2013

Back in Force!

The blog is back!

Not that I have the need to go retro or to buck the trend, but since I've been in Afghanistan I've been checking facebook much more frequently.  I chalk that up to racking up a lot of desk time here and not having a lot of interesting options for my many mini-breaks.

So as it tuns out, I've lost interest on most things facebook.  Maybe because it feels like a popularity contest.  Maybe it's that the majority of my 200+ friends would never even think to try to contact me directly.  Maybe I'm just tired of seeing that grumpy cat or whatever the meme pic of the week is.  I don't know.  I just know I'm annoyed whenever I get on the facebook.

So here it is, the first post in a year for the legions of readers.  Once I figure out what all the squiggly Pashto/Dari/whatever words on my Afghan internet mean, I'll be able to add some action-packed photos.  Stay tuned!

No comments: