Wednesday, March 26, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FAITHIE!

Today is my sister's 30th birthday, yaaaay!
Ahhh, the good times we've had over the past 30 years (well, 29 years for my memory)... I can remember when we were just wee little ladies making hammocks in the winter out of old dirty blankets and wrapping up like caterpillars in a cocoon. I can remember when we were freshman/sophomores in high school, both in cheerleading, both thinking we could conquer the world. Both with braces on our faces, both with great spirit in our hearts (oh lame...no pun intended, dang!), both with old boyfriends that we're all happy we didn't end up with. Remember how we used to sled and traipse through the marsh behind the Yellowstone house in the winter? Climbing dead ol' trees and making snow forts. Bliss!

Time has flown over the past 3 decades, so she says, and since I only have 2.9 decades so far to go on, I guess I can still say that I agree. I'm not sure how it happens, but my mom was right: she said that as you age, the time only goes by faster and faster. Wise, isn't she?

So today is a day to celebrate Faithie's wonderful 30 years in service of life! She is the best sister and friend in the entire world: always supportive, loving, caring and passionnate - especially about her mark on this world. Always considerate of others and excited about the possibilities that life offers for her family, friends and all others. She has done without trying what any good big sister can do - set a good example for her baby sis.

I love you Faithie!
-J

1 comment:

Mrs. T said...

Dang you woman for making me cry! I love you so much and am so proud of everything that you have done!