Sunday, August 31, 2008

Fujisan Karate-Chopped Me

I'll be brief for now until I can update the blog once I get back home and have recovered some from the trip...

Here's the scoop:
-I climbed Mount Fuji to 10,200+ feet (out of roughly 12,000)
-I only made it to the Original 8th Station (there are about 10 stations) before I had to stop for the night and sleep a few hours cuz I was so sick
-I threw up 4 times (thanks to altitude sickness) at Station 7, in-between 7 & 8, Station 8, and between 8 and "original" 8.

I am not so happy that I didn't make it to the summit, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. Sunrise was beautiful either way and the weather was pretty darn nice also. Of the 10 of us who climbed Fuji, 3 of us didn't make it to the top. I am proud of my accomplishment and will likely never try doing Mt. Fuji ever again...man that was tough!!!

All in all, it was lots of fun and a great experience!! More details to come later.

I'm en route to home tomorrow (Monday) - can't wait to see my family!!
Love you all!

No comments: