Monday, August 18, 2008

Weekend Past

What a great weekend! It was my first weekend without having any school obligations and nothing to do but enjoy myself. Very nice stuff. We had dinner with the Sholls on Friday night-delicious shrimp pasta ala Erin and watched some Olympics. Saturday we slept in (yay) and ran errands all day. We looked at some cars (Honda CRV, Element, Toyota Rav-4) and were less-than-satisfied with the customer service we received, but I was pleasantly surprised about the vehicles we looked at. Of the three vehicles we looked at, I really liked the CRV, then the Rav-4, then the Element. Charlie likes the Element, and the toss up is the CRV/Rav-4...at least I think so.

Anyhoo, we did the whole car shopping thing and then met at Luna's Mexican Restaurant with the Sholls and Wilkes for dinner. We had some terrible service (why does this always happen when we bring folks to that place?), the worst yet from Luna's, which made me sad, but some really good Coconut Margaritas. Beth's Shirley Temple was hilariously loaded with cherries, with jokes-a-flyin' all around all night about that. We went back to our place after the meal, had some drinks and the girls talked crafts while the guys played cribbage. Apparently cribbage is NOT a common game. Cory and John had both never heard of the game and as I am at work right now, no one here has heard of it either. What the heck?? Very strange.

Sunday morning we had the Sholls over for breakfast with Charlie's nummy pancackes with walnuts and bananas and some eggs to go with them. Then we headed off to the dog park with Sammie and Cosmo in tow. It was another successful dog park adventure, minus the fact that Sammie barked a TON at other dogs, trying (we could only assume) to get them to play with her. It was kinda weird, so next time I'll see if we can curb that habit a little better. Then last night we went to Mamacita's for Budde & April's farewell dinner. There were about 12 of us there to wish them well as their time in Texas closes and their fun begins in D.C. I know we'll miss them terribly, but they will have such a great experience there! After another round of coconut margaritas, we went home, watched Olympics and went to bed.

The end.

3 comments:

nujoud said...

Give me a call when you go to the dog park sometime, I almost took my pups Sunday morning. But I changed my mind and just took them for a walk around the neighborhood. They'd prefer the park, of course!!

Jen @ New Shade of Green said...

Ditto to Nujoud. What a fun weekend! I used to play cribbage all the time in high school. I think it's more popular in the North. I vaguely remember how to play - little wood board with pegs and the number 13...

John said...

I played Cribbage for money in the Navy. You know, I prefer the CR-V over the RAV4 and Element as well...But my vote doesn't count. Nujoud's brother has a CR-V and he really likes it.