Friday, August 22, 2008

To Japan!

This is going to be quick:
I leave for Japan this morning, in about 3.5 hrs. I luckily have a direct flight into Narita, 13.5 hr flight. Schew! Last time I flew to Japan (both times, actually) I didn't have a direct flight, so I'm pretty excited about the one-stop-shop for this trip.

I will be greasy and gross and stinky when I get there, but I'll get there and hopefully my luggage will too (knock on wood). After we land (there's a group of us traveling at the same time), there's a 2 hour bus ride to get to Tsukuba and then I'll check in, have dinner and crash...probably.

Note to all readers: I will have access to my email in the hotel and likely at the control center too, so feel free to drop a line if you want. Remember that we will be 14 hrs ahead of central time, though - so just swap the a.m. and the p.m. and you'll roughly know what time it is where I am.

Ciao!

1 comment:

Jen @ New Shade of Green said...

Cool! Have a great time! Gotta love non-stop flights. My last overseas flight was a movie marathon!