Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Posting

Yesterday we spent the day putting in new footings for about 8 of our 5 million fence posts with some Quickcrete (love the quick-dry stuff!!) - really, Charlie did 90% of it and I only helped with 2 of them, but I guess that still counts as "we". After turning in yesterday's homework assignment (learning waits for no hurricane), I repositioned our garden shrubs so they stood upright again.

We made the rounds to our friend's homes earlier in the day and 2 out of 6 had power again, so they are returning home today. I just heard this morning that 1 more has power, so we only have 3 left to go! Yay! It's pretty messy with trees and shrubs and downed traffic lights everywhere, but overall in my area things don't look too terrible. We haven't ventured down the freeway toward Galveston and do not plan to do so. Not only is it still very limited access to that area, but I feel pretty terrible gawking at other people's misfortune. It makes me too sad.

For now, today brings a bright and shiny new day filled with class lecture watching (oooo!), homework (aaahhhhh!) and more fence posts (ohhhhh!). That's right folks, life goes on and is back to the usual exciting fare. Welcome home Jaimer!

No comments: