Friday, January 2, 2009

Aught Nine

It's 2009 and I'm ready for a great year! I set a few goals for myself that I started today and am tracking on the right side of this blog (some at least):

1. Run 365 miles in 2009. For anyone that knows me, I can't stand running. This year I am going to try on a better attitude and put forth a cankle to defeat this grumpiness and actually achieve something in the arena of physical fitness. TODAY: 2 Miles (though I only ran like 1.3 miles of it and walked the rest...I'm still counting it!)
2. Swim once per month. My fitness stinks. I take the elevator instead of the stairs. I used to be an Olympian (almost). My cholesterol total is 200 and high cholesterol runs in my family. I think it's time I took better care of myself physically and I like to swim, so...strap on the goggles and get to it Jaime!
3. Graduate. This is my final year of Graduate School at USC. Just 3 stinking classes until I am finished and have my Masters Degree in Astronautical Engineering - hot damn!
4. Take a more active role in raising our two dogs. I usually leave all but the snuggling of dogs to Charlie, so in an effort to not be a douche and actually be a responsible human-being, I will be more active in the rearing, discipline and care of said animals. TODAY: Took Kirby on the run with me.
5. Make more friends. Let's face it, I'm sort-of a pain in the rump when it comes to friends. I'm extremely critical and picky when it comes to people I hang out with, so my friend pool stands at a whopping 3 people or something silly like that. I will do better this year in being more open-minded and ACCEPTING of other people's unique qualities, characteristics and quirks...and not complain to my husband about how they annoy me...as much. I will do better. <-- This one is hard to measure, but I have to make the effort!

I wish everyone a productive, fulfilling and memorable 2009. Remember to be kind to the Earth as you do it and especially be considerate & respectful to eachother. On these, we can all do better!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jaime. I will be your friend. I am a friend of Jenny Tobin's and I actually have my Master's in Astronautical Engineering as well. So, maybe we could be friends. It would bump your counter up to 6 :)
~jess

John said...
This comment has been removed by the author.