Friday, January 16, 2009

Mom and the Like

Hey there world!
My mom visited the Marshik residence in TX last weekend and it was lovely! So great to see her and be able to spend time with her. She was in Dallas for work and drove down to spend the weekend with us. She arrived Friday night, when of course we hit up Luna's mexican restaurant to celebrate with some good food and margaritas. Saturday we got pedicures - I got purple polish on my tootsies and proceeded to smear the "dried" polish on my big toes (yes, both toes) after jamming my fat foot into my heels, LAME! - and then went shopping for some minor stuff. Sunday we made some food (green curry thai and blackberry clafouti...mmmmmmm) and bummed around. The biggest point of the weekend was to hang out with my Mommy and I did so. It was awesome!! Sadly she could not visit us again thsi weekend since work sent her home, but hopefully I will see her soon. She's home safely with my Dad after being gone a week nad I know she's happy to be with him again. They're pretty cute like that :)

Work has been insane lately, I mean crazy busy. I can't figure out where the time goes, but it doesn't ever seem like there's enough to go around. Mind you, I have my limits on how much time I can spend at my place of work, so the fact that I left after working 42 hrs this week on a "half day" today, doesn't really help the fact that I still have stuff to do. Oh well, work will be okay without me for a while.

This weekend I have a 3-day weekend thanks to the MLK Jr. holiday on Monday. Tonight is a carb-loading party to prep for the Houston Marathon on Sunday (Charlie, Erin, Nujoud...and some others? are running, i'm just going along for the pasta), then on Sunday I'll be getting up at the buttcrack of dawn to go watch my friends and hubbie run their little hearts out (Charlie and Erin for the 1/2 marathon this year, Joudy for the full) and then go home and finish homework.

OOH, one more thing: I got my motorcycle helmet today, so Charlie took me for my first, inaugural motorcycle ride on his Buell!! I looked like a waxy Q-tip head, with my bright yellow helmet, and it was cold outside (45 degrees) but it was SO MUCH FUN!! I liked being a rider and after only a few times hitting my helmet on the back of Charlie's as he shifted gears, I was in the "rider zone". I can't wait to go again :)

No comments: