Monday, September 7, 2009

Uno mas dia para mi...

That is jaime-ese (or "Jaimese" if you want to get fancy) for "One more day for me..." at work in Moscow! ...and there was much rejoicing!

Tomorrow I work a 1/2 day for my final day at work, then 4 of us (me, Chris, Pooja, Todd - all coworkers) are going to the International Military Music Festival on Red Square (http://www.kremlin-military-tattoo.ru/en/). This past weekend, the entire city celebrated "Moscow City Day", to ring in the city's 862nd birthday. Yikes! That means a lot is going on in the town, including this music festival. I think they end each performance with fireworks, but we'll see. Something has been exploding in the night sky over here the past few nights, so I hope it is that.

In any case, it's a new and interesting (i hope!) way to end my 3 week stay here in Moscow - I mean, how many times will I be able to say that I was in Red Square watching a military festival?! Not many - so carpe diem!

More updates to come after tomorrow's adventure, then Weds is a full day of freedom in Russia (doing TBD) and then Thursday I come home. Can't wait!

1 comment:

nujoud said...

I was in Moscow once for City Day, for several days leading up to it they were worried about rain. Apparently, it isn't supposed to rain on City Day!! So the government was seeding the clouds to reduce moisture and prevent rain we were told (explosions in the night sky). may be the same thing, don't know if it really works or not but it didn't rain so who knows.