Saturday, September 19, 2009

Back in the Swing

Back home, yippee!! Last weekend I spent with Mar and mostly chillaxed. This week at work was really hard as far as motivation was concerned, but I made it through somehow. Last night we went to Joudy & John's nice, big new pad for happy hour and dinner, a few people drank too much and thank goodness I was DD!

I played football for the first time in over a year with the guys this morning, even Fatty. My friend Tito even showed up, as a newcomer. I think he had a good time :) I got some sun, enjoyed the BEAUTIFUL weather here in Houston right now and sweat. Mmmm, sweat.

At the moment I am watching class at 1.5x speed and drinking one of my favorite drinks, "Fizzed" by Apple & Eve. It's a 8 oz can of pure fruit juice and sparkling water. They come in packs of 4 and the flavor I am drinking is orange mango. All natural and NO SUGAR ADDED! Delicious. You should try them out for a soda substitute.

Next week Charlie and I are going on a surprise vacation for his birthday. I made it! ...well, it's not a surprise any more because I really wanted his input, BUT...we're going to Washington DC - it'll be Charlie's first time and my second - Thursday thru Monday. I get to see my BFF Jenny T, Jim and Baby Andi and their new digs as well! Our plan is to take in the Nation's Capitol as much as we can in 4 days and just soak in the history and magnificence of it all. We need a vacation badly! I am excited to get away for an impromptu weekend.

Next we will be heading back to MN to see the fam and new babies. Date TBD, but I am hoping October!

No comments: