Friday, May 20, 2011

Quickie Vacation!

Charlie and I went to Orlando last weekend to help Faithie and Shawn celebrate their 5-year anniversary - Happy early Anniversary sweeties!

The whole family was there including Mom, Dad, Faith, Shawn and the kiddies, Fatty and Me.
We stayed at the Treehouse Villas on Disney property at the Saratoga Springs Resort. The Treehouse we were in was in a really nice wooded aread, backed up against a waterway upon which you could travel by boat to Downtown Disney and other resorts. We had a fabulous time enjoying time with the family, including a spectacular dinner/dessert/fireworks evening hosted by the lovely couple at Epcot. We went to Typhoon Lagoon as well, and whooped it up at the wave pool, including getting schooled by some mid-waves...lol! Mom & Dad went to dinner with us at Seasons 52 (www.Seasons52.com), our favorite local restaurant, one night and then the four of us "kids" went to dinner at Kuzzina and played some mini-golf at Fantasia...Putt (?)...another night. It was so much fun!! Of course, the kids are great and I even got Brandon to fall asleep on me - yesssssssss! Sure, I had absolutely nothing to do with him sleeping (I could have been a rock or lumpy pillow for all he knew), but either way -I call this a win :)

Lastly, we got to finally meet Faithie & Shawn's good friends Shira & Chris and Gemma & Rich(ie) - what a hoot! Yes, I said "hoot"... All were great people and they're so good to my sister. I can see why they're such good friends! I especially liked Rich since he's such a fanatic about NASA. It's not often I get to meet people who genuinely are interested in the space program, so YAY RICH! I hope they come down to visit sometime soon (before JSC is stripped on its last remaining reminders of the Shuttle program...*sigh*).

Thanks for inviting us to share in your special celebration Faith and Shawn, we love you!

2 comments:

Mrs. T said...

You can yell at me later for just seeing this now. And then yell at me again for the lack of blogging on my own desolate blog.

We were so glad you guys were able to join us for the trip! We had so much fun and I hope we can convince you to come some other time again with us to the house of mouse. Treehouse style of course! I think we are officially addicted to the treehouses. :)

Love you!!!!

Gem x said...

I've only just seen this J but wanted to let you know how wonderful it was to meet you guys. We really enjoyed our time with you and Rich just thinks you are the mutts nutts. He LOVES NASA and thinks you guys are the very coolest ever as I am sure you guessed seeing as the guy would not leave you alone. :)

On our Med cruise we got to talkin to a lovely family and this woman tells us she works for NASA. Well Rich got majorly excited and almost shouts at the poor love
''MY FRIEND WORKS FOR NASA!!! SHE'S JAIME!!!''
Gahd love my husband. He's very proud to be friends with you.

Seriously hoping to be seeing you in 2012 xxx