Sunday, May 22, 2011

So there I was, sitting on the couch, minding my own business, when all of a sudden a snake-like shadow appears in the opaque-tinted window next to our front door, about six feet up. I thought fa-sho that it was just a branch shadow moving in the wind, cuz wth would a snake be doing creeping down our doorway?

So I went and looked anyway and was able to snap a couple crappy pictures with my phone. He was about four feet long and coming down off of our door header. I have no idea how he got up there or where he was coming from. So then I went and got my flip-flops to go try to chase him the opposite way (into the woods) so that none of our snakepocolypse-fearing neighbors would find him. I found him creeping along the dining room window sill and grabbed at him, but he shook loose; he had himself pretty intertwined in the azaleas and I didn't have a great grip on him. Then I went and got a flashlight and snake stick, but I couldn't find him again.

Oh yeah, it was not a cottonmouth, which I do see more often than any other snake. I'm guessing a blotched water snake? http://www.houstonherp.com/BlotchedWS.html

No comments: