Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Made It!

After an uneventful flight, I made it to Munich. I'm all set up in my hotel room, checking email and getting ready for a small nap. I did not sleep at all on any of my travels - still not sure if that's a good or bad thing. I also forgot it is Fat Tuesday today and tomorrow is Ash Wednesday, so I think everything is closed here. Awesome. I just want to go to the Hit (grocery store) and get some noodle soup and clementines. At least I brought oatmeal. I can survive on that, right?

On the way over I also did not do much homework. I tried to, gave it a Grade C effort, but so far only 2 of 4 problems have any progress. Only 1 of those 2 is complete...or at least turn-in worthy. *SIGH* Instead, I watched Beowolf (disturbing), Dan In Real Life (Steve Carrell - I liked it!) and The Invaders (Nicole Kidman and new James Bond guy - it was fine). Oh, and I had the whole 2 seats to myself - my flight was really quite empty.*

Weather is great here so far, I can see the mountains from my balcony again! ...wish I had found my point-and-shoot camera before I left. Didn't want to lug around the ol' SLR this time around since I know I'll really be working only this trip, so I left without a lens in hand. Man, is that a weird feeling.

Anyhoo, I'm here and life is good.
Tschuss!

ps: I also have a BMW 3-series for my car. Built in GPS and she drives great. Thank you National Car Rental for the vehicle!
*pps: I am thinking of using some of my per diem (if any is left over) to offset the carbon footprint my half-empty 9:10 hr flight across the Atlantic Ocean contributed to. Gotta find a valid way of doing that - I wonder how much it costs?

No comments: