Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Another Day, Another Dollar

It is the end of the 5th day of the Space Shuttle Atlantis on orbit and my shift is nearly done. I've sneaked (is that a word?) a few minutes to update my blog. I have been in Germany for a week now and will be here for another week, maybe until 2/18. Hopefully this means I will be home in time for my birthday on 2/20, the big 2-9. One more year until I'm 30! Gosh, how time flies...

In any case, for the past two days I have been a bit down for some reason, must be hitting my mid-mission blues. Must be. Or maybe I just miss my family at home - puppies and the hub (puh-puh-puh-puppies-and-the-HUB!). So far all of my shifts have been zooming by, but I think that my 4.5 hrs of sleep before yesterday's shift started slowing me down. Our flight control team over here (about 8-10 of us) went to a nearby 'billiard' hall called the "Spieloase" and had a beer + pool fiesta (I had a Radler, which is a beer/lemonade mix. I like it!). It was quite fun considering I hadn't had much sleep and considering I am stinky-riffic at pool...I'll never do my Dad any justice with my lack of pool skills. They even had a pet parrot that screamed (yes "screamed", no squaking for this guy!) every few minutes to keep us on our toes. Eugene was playing air guitar on his pool cue and I jumped a ball to try to make a shot (nope, I was not successful)...this is the best I could do. It was fun either way and I was glad to get a whopping 7.5 hrs of sleep last night, so I WIN!

Today's shift is going pretty slowly, which is kinda lame. However, there is Indian food and some city shopping in my future. Mmmmmm, delish! Can't wait to eat "real" food again, cuz boy am I getting tired of my daily meat and cheese snack, with yogurt. Every meal, every day. Or as Eug would say: "Same sheise, different tag".

Talk to you all soon, that is all - One.
Favorite Words of the Day: Geo-Metro, Duner, Hund, Va Funculo

No comments: