Sunday, June 29, 2008

Dog Therapy

A couple of days ago Charlie and I came home after a happy hour with some friends at Boondoggles. We weren't gone long, but this particular day we had both been away from home for extended periods of time and the pups were stuck inside for most of the day. I immediately let Kirby outside for potty and Charlie went to our bedroom to let Sammie out as well. After a few minutes of "no Charlie or Sammie", I wondered what was happening that could be more interesting than seeing ME after being cooped up in our bedroom for a few hours. I went to the bedroom and what do I find? Sammie, sitting patiently at the door with little black tail a-waggin', and Charlie standing over her trying to hold back his smile and laughter.

What could be so funny? Well, after being worried about the "kids" being stuck inside all day, without parental guidance, Sammie decided to show me how she could take care of things her own way. She ate a good portion of the Cesar Millan Book about Dog Whispering. Cover and page pieces were strewn everywhere! ...take THAT dog therapy guy!!

I guess she has some not-so-repressed feelings about where we can take our dog-whispering techniques and where we can stick 'em...

Too bad I owe my friend a new book now :)

1 comment:

Jen @ New Shade of Green said...

Hahaaa. I'm not sure I could have kept a straight face. Koda is living the good life of not being crated anymore after she freaked out again during a storm and fought her way out of her crate - breaking 2 teeth, shedding some of her nails, and put a hole in her muzzle.