Saturday, June 7, 2008

Night Shift

Yes yes, I'm on the night shift once again. Seems like for most of these missions I get to work some stellar hours. This is my first mission working as a real, certified flight controller and it's been quite fun so far...minus not being able to see my husband or friends and sleeping all day long.

The STS-124 mission is going really well and I am thankful for that - as I am sure all of NASA and JAXA (Japanese space agency) are also. My team is kicking butt and has mad my shift very enjoyable. There are some certain people (EECOMs, for instance), that can make the shift a bit more complicated than they need to be, but I suppose it's just because they like to mess with us FAOs.

Recently I've reconnected with some old friends from my Boeing days in Seattle (rather, they found me!) and it's been really great talking with them and catching up (Hi Billy! Hi Abe!). I think it's wonderfully surprising and refreshing to find out that good people have remained good people, and it's especially exciting to find that I still have a connection with them. Yay! One good friend works for the FAA and the other is a fireman who is starting (has started) his own Alaskan tourism company (http://www.porterswildalaska.com/). Make sure to visit!!

That is all. Time to get ready for work. 1 week left to go and then Sex and The City Girl's Night is ON!! Yesssssssssssssss!

-jaime

4 comments:

Jen @ New Shade of Green said...

I'm working tonight too. I looked for you on TV but didn't see you. So are you all caught up and ready for SYTYCD top 20 next week?!

ACQ said...

I thought that was your voice once or twice. Won't it be nice to sleep when the sun isn't out?

nujoud said...

I keep missing you around the control center, but I saw youe mini on my way out Friday night. See you Sat for S&TC!!

Anonymous said...

Without an EECOM your shift wouldnt be much fun overnight! We work hard to give you that much grief..