Friday, June 13, 2008

J'aime Blankets!

Faithie asked me to make my nephew a blanket fashioned after one she saw online, gosh, months ago. I was still in school at the time, so I didn't make time to construct a baby blanket. However, after school ended, I conjured up the spirit of sewing and craftiness to build her my first attempt at a baby blanket.

Cool thing, the blanket has clips on all four corners that keep the blanket in place on the stroller, car seat, etc. Well, my first version did not since I couldn't find the clips, she's using velcro "zip ties" to secure the thing. I have since ordered clips that I hope will work on my next attempt. It's made of 100% cotton print on one side (red boxes) and bright red fuzzy fabric (100% poly) on the other side. One side funk, the other side soft.

It was really fun to do and I'm glad to see little Noah enjoys it :)

If I can get the clips in time (before school starts in a couple weeks), I'd like to make another version for another friend of mine who just had a baby...stay tuned! I really dig doing something other than baby blue and baby pink colors - I like going a bit more hip and trendy. Let's see if I can accomplish that. Of COURSE I'll still use the traditional baby colors as well. I am just really glad Faith asked me to make her a red one.

ps: "Hi. I'm the Cutest Baby Ever." (matter-of-factly) MAN that kid is squishably soft and cuddly!

2 comments:

Mrs. T said...

Yay! I need to get a picture of him shoving it in his mouth, like he does with EVERYTHING else these days!

Thank you again honey! Noh-noh loves it! I used it again this afternoon to block the bubs legs from the sun. And he didn't get hot!

p.s. I may be requiring another sweet blankie to go with our new stroller.... :) This stroller is turquoisey blue! Way more fun patterns to play with that one! :)

John said...

Funk on one side and soft on the other....might this be the mullet of the blanket world? Business upfront and party in the back?

Cute child, looks to be asking, "where's my blanket already lady?"

Shouldn't the next blanket made be for YOUR kid??? :P